Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Although this was Jen's second Mother's Day, for some reason it seemed like a bigger deal than last year; at least to me it did--of course I'm not the mom so what does that matter! Anyway, we started the day with some gift and card giving from me, and then headed out to Mastori's for breakfast. We got there at about 8:30 so we figured we'd be in good shape with the crowds--um, no. The place was packed. Fortunately, we somehow managed to get a table within about 2 minutes of getting there. Maybe they thought we were VIPs or something. Anyway, breakfast was good and plentiful and we all enjoyed it, although Stella fussed a bit towards the end. From there we headed home for some playtime and then nap time; after which we took a drive to Trenton to tour the historic Mill Hill area. Wow, that was neat! Who knew you could buy an amazing old, restored brownstone for less than we paid for our place! And then we had dinner at Pizza Hut, as per mom's wishes (never argue with a pregnant woman!). All in all it was a nice day and I hope Jen enjoyed it. She is an amazing mom and Stella and I are so lucky to have her! We love you mama!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fabulous and it did seem like a bigger deal than last year! Thank you so much for making me feel so special and for each one of the wonderful and thoughtful gifts. I love you!