Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jacob's Baptism weekend!

Jacob was baptized this Sunday and we had a great weekend for such a special event.
Friday my parents arrived from Buffalo and Brian and I went out for our anniversery. What a treat that was! My parents claimed the kids were good for them and after seeing the pics it does seem they were indeed.

Stella and Grammie on the swings
Grandpa 'spotting' Stella on the ladder

Saturday morning we went swimming at the hotel Jon and Kat were staying at and it was Jacob's first swim!


That evening we celebrated my father's birthday. I haven't had the chance to share a b'day with him in a long long while so that was nice for me. Hopefully he enjoyed having the littles to celebrate with him as well.

My dad, the birthday boy, with his grandkiddies. I like how he is imitating Jacob's face. He described that look as the look you have just before you call 911. TeeHee!


Brian's dad and his wife Nancy.

Jacob's godparents Jon and Kat
They gave us a very special gift for Jacob...a song they had written him put to animation and then in a book. What an amazing thing and we were overwhelmed by how thoughtful and sweet it was. Jacob is very blessed to have them as his Godparents and we are blessed to have them as friends. This is the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVe6pIwMhE


Kat lives in NC right now so I was glad she got extra cuddles from Jake.

Stella helping Grandpa blow out his b'day candles

Stella with Uncle Jonny....she LOVES him!!!! Like her first crush sorta thing.

Sunday was a beautiful although WARM day and Jake was a tad fussy but did great overall.

Jake and Uncle Jim!
Brian and his brother Jim






I love how Jake is looking right at Pastor Egan in this shot.

Jacob and Pastor Egan
There are a bazillion more pics but I think that will have to do!
We will look back fondly on a great weekend with family and friends. Thanks to everyone who came and helped make it a special time.

2 comments:

The Animator's Wife said...

Oh, what a beautiful day. LOVE the shot of your pastor lifting Jacob up towards the cross.... awesome.

Welcome Jake to the covenant family of God!

Susan said...

How lovely to see your folks again, Jen! (Happy Brithday, Mr. Kitchen! :-)

Jacob is so lovely, I wish I'd been there....