Monday, March 31, 2008

Fun Sunday at Grandpa's

Stella made her first visit to Grandpa's out on Long Island yesterday and we had a really nice time. I was definitely concerned about how she would hold up after a long car ride, especially after she only napped for about 40 minutes of it. Being in a new place with lots of mostly unfamiliar faces was going to be a challenge, I thought, especially since she has been so fussy lately after being sick. But she was such a champ and I don't think she cried or fussed once the whole time we were there! Actually, I'm wondering if our daughter has a future in politics, because she really seemed to be working the room. When my dad would tickle her under her chin she would smile and gaze up at him with her big eyes. And when my sister held her she just leaned back and hung out on her lap for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, if either Jen or I try that she's usually not having it. Anyway, it was a great weekend and it is such a relief to have her feeling better. Her nose finally stopped running after 2 weeks! And she isn't snoring at night anymore since she is no longer congested (but I kind of miss that!). She just turned 15 months on Friday and she's becoming such a big girl!

No comments: