Monday, September 14, 2009

Birthday boy!

Yesterday was Brian's birthday! We had planned to head to the shore for the day but he got a special gift on Friday when a cat scan revealed a kidney stone! The Dr suggested he stay in town so we spent the day hanging out as a family and telling daddy happy birthday as often as possible. The stone hasn't passed yet and more xrays are in the future to determine the next step. Hopefully he enjoyed his low key b'day and might get a few sick days to put those new Wii games to use!

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Stella being 'sad' that the slide was too hot to slide down. She looks so grown up!
She is in this phase of telling us when she is sad or happy! Either one is usually painfully cute and it is so cool to see her understanding her emotions and being able to articulate them just a little better. We are like a broken record telling her to use her words and not tears and it just might be working!


She used to squeal and go bonkers laughing when she was Jacob's age now after about 3 pushes she is "all done".


Thankfully Jacob is all squeals and giggles.




I included this rare exchange where Stella was pushing Jacob in the swing and they were both loving it! She has her moments with him that are a sign of improvement!
She was being extra fun as a gift to Daddy for his birthday!
Little Tree Preschool!
This should really be another post but it is a miracle I am on here now so we are double billing!
Last Friday Stella met her teachers at preschool. Brian and I had attended our first of what will be MANY Back to School Nights! We are so excited we found this program and hope it is the perfect fit for Stella that we think it will be. She really seemed to enjoy meeting the teachers and other 8 kids in her class and when we got in the car she was all smiles saying "I made new friends".

Showing me her first assignment-bring in a teddy bear!
Her first class is tomorrow and I know she won't even look back as she throws me a wave goodbye but I am sure I will be bawling like a baby! TeeHee.
I don't have too many cute shot of Stella and I together but I got this with my cell phone and I thought it was kinda cute!

No comments: