Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gone

They are gone.....the bottles are gone....so is the horrible bottle drying rack that I have hated with a passion since it took up residence next to my sink over 3 years ago. When we had Stella she had reflux and we must have bought and purchased 10 different brands of bottles that all promised relief. Not only didn't they offer relief they drove me batty cleaning all the little parts! When Jacob was born I bought the ones with the disposable liners thinking I would be free from the task of bottle cleaning but they were just as annoying. We finally settled in with the cheap Soothie's that had a little cup on the bottom to hold formula. They had a cloudy finish so I never knew if the were truly clean but toward the end....I became ok with that.
Jacob hasn't had a bottle in well over a week. I had planned to have one last bottle/cuddle special moment but frankly circumstance had him in bed without one and it worked out so I just went with it. He doesn't seem to miss it at all. I am grateful he is a hugger and likes to come over at different points in the day and put his head on you. Insanely adorable! So though I will miss our little bottle cuddles I was thrilled to toss the bottles and bottle drying rack from hell into the garbage today. There was a moment where I debated pulling them out to take some dramatic poignent photo to docment the end of the era but I was just too happy seeing them all in the trash to do so. Here is a recent shot of my little guy enjoying his big boy cup!
Just as happy to see them go!
Covered in PB&J!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

There are NO words to describe such a level of cuteness!!