Monday, January 11, 2010

The Last Bottle

Jacob is now just over 14 months old....he should no longer be using a bottle....but I can't quite let it go! I know the longer I wait to stop the harder it will be for him to give up but I just can't do it! He only has one bottle a day...his night bottle. He doesn't need to eat before bed anymore and he doesn't need to use a bottle. He is fully capable of going all night without food and he uses a cup just fine all day so....the problem is me. Jacob also doesn't seem to need to cuddle the way he used to either...or sit for that matter....or stop moving at all! BUT, for a few minutes every night he will....stop wiggling and sit....and even cuddle and have that bottle and stare up at me and sometimes touch my nose and smile and I am just not ready to let that go.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ack! I wouldn't let it go either. Bad Mommies Unite! ;)

Susan said...

Try it without the bottle. Tell him a story instead. (Mighty Jake!) You'll still have your cuddle time and it's something he'll ask for many years, believe me. He already associates a cuddle with bedtime, right? So sit down in the chair or on his bed without the bottle and he'll still come for his cuddle.