Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day gifts

So I had this great idea that the kids would paint bird houses for Father's day gifts. I was smart enough to have Jacob be naked and Stella in a shirt that didn't really fit right so when paint ended up everywhere....which it did...it wouldn't matter. I also knew we had planned to replace that rather crappy looking deck box so it would make for the perfect spot to create a paint mess. I did it in 2 installments....there were 4 to be done total so we did 2 one day and 2 another. WOW! It was so much fun but geeesh what a mess. I think they came out great and hopefully will be appreciated.
Jacob was having the most fun of all and this shot will be a favorite of my forever I am sure!

The master at work.

Stella grew weary of the close contact with Jacob and opted for some time at the sand table.

A paint covered Jacob making his way to the sand table....little did he know I planned to hose him down and ended up having to take him direclty to the tub. What is cuter that a little guy in his diaper?

Here are the finished products! Brian got the deluxe one on the left, the two in the middle were for Grandpa Kitchen and Grandpa McGann and then the last one was for Jacob's Godfather Jon.
Happy Father's day!!!!!
Click on the pics to see them bigger.




1 comment:

Hank hendricks said...

Thoughtful gifts for father's day...I want to use it when i needed.

Send gifts to pakistan