Friday, June 18, 2010

Picking BLUEberries

Last Wednesday I took the kids BLUEberry picking. I emphasize the word blue because it was quite a discussion....repeated many times that the goal was to obtain BLUE ones and not green or any other color for that matter. We had a great time though and managed to get it all in before a brief shower and crazy sun so I was happy for that. Terhune Orchards is a wonderful place to visit and do u-pick. Although I am glad we opted for blueberries instead of cherries as the bag I got was $3.75 and the same size bundle of cherries for the gent ahead of me was $17.00 and change!

Stella trying to decide what was too green for keeping.

Both Mcgann-ettes picking away!

Jacob mostly wanted to run free. Thankfully there was a netting around the entire crop so I knew he could only get so far before being totally tangled.

I ADORE this shot I snapped of one scamp being kind to the other totally on her own! Her secret is out......she loves that little brother of hers...she just can't admit it!!!

Jacob learning the hard way that dirt is not yummy!!!! Click on this to see large for full humor effect!

Donut time! I am proud to say.....I didn't have one! It wasn't easy but I held out!

Jacob squealing and giggling over these insanely docile pups.

He dove right in to petting them and pulling on their feet but Stella kept her distance!

Don't even think about it buddy! ;-)
What a great day with my bugs!

No comments: