Sunday, June 1, 2008

I already miss my girls...

So Jen & Stella are going up to Buffalo this week and I'm going to be all alone for 5 whole days! That's going to be very strange and I'm really going to miss both of them a lot; in fact, I already do miss them and they haven't left!

We had a pretty good weekend with Stella, although she has been really uber whiny lately. We can usually figure out why but teething doesn't seem to be an issue this time and we can't thinking of what else it could be. We're just calling it a phase. She's definitely in a transitional state, that's for sure. She's really trying to do the walking thing a lot, even without our prompting. Today on at least a half dozen occasions she took 2-3 steps without any support at all. I know it sounds like a small thing but at this point, we're thrilled. The best part is that she was doing it without us encouraging her and sometimes she didn't even know we were watching. Of course, we did have a couple of chances to encourage her and have her toddle over to one of us, which is always so much fun! She gets a huge smile on her face and seems so proud.

Anyway, as I said she was very whiny this weekend but she was also really sweet and fun at the same time. I knew this was the last day I was going to get to spend significant time with her for a while so I tried to play with her as much as possible and we had lots of fun. I can't wait until she and Jen come home next Sunday!

No comments: