Sunday, June 8, 2008

My girls are almost home!

Ok, so this has been the longest 6 days of my life! Being without Jen & Stella has totally sucked, to put it bluntly. The house is so quiet and I miss them both very much. I anticipated that it would be difficult but it's been much harder than I expected. But it has certainly made me appreciate both of them even more and I can't wait to have them home. Which, unfortunately, is going to be a bit later than expected. I got a text from Jen this morning at 7:43 AM that said "Call me car problems had to turn back". The odd thing is that I stayed up far too late last night watching bad tv and I figured I would sleep in today since it would be my last chance to do so. But for some reason I woke up right at 7:30. I think Jen was sending me telepathic messages from 400 miles away. Anyway, long story short, apparently something went very wrong with our Honda after Jen got gas just before getting on the NY State Thruway. I'll let her tell the rest of the story when (and if!) she wants to, but the outcome is that Jen & Stella are driving home in her parents' car, which is so nice of them. Hopefully they'll be home by about 4 today, or about 5 and a half hours from now.

Stella was quite a trooper for her visit with grandma & grandpa and I'm really glad Jen got to head home and see her friends. Being able to see her a few times on the webcam really helped too. Thankfully, everyone will be sleeping in their own beds (and cribs) tonight.

No comments: