Friday, October 2, 2009

It's the little things...

I am going to TRY to blog more about the silly little things that happen from day to day that are fleeting and will mean little to anyone but us....but will mean a lot to us! As Jacob approaches 11 months I am filled with a variety of emotions from YAY to tears and wish I had taken the time to document more...remember more...savor more....live more. Some days it is hard to do much more than get through it but that isn't the right approach....I need to enjoy the days for the CHAOS that they are and relish each cuddle and question and whine. It shocking to me that Stella will be THREE soon, Jacob will be ONE (didn't we just have him) and I will be 40 this year! Having my baby making days behind me brings both relief and a sadness. I can't wait to get rid of all the damn bottles but I can't tell you how it feels to hold the newborn! Plus we have the greatest two kids EVER (sorry to everyone else) and can't help but wonder who else we would come up with. I feel deeply that more babies are a risk and not in the best interest of our family....but there are moments I wish little Ezra or Sadie could come and join us.
ANYWAY....getting back to the silly little things....
Today Stella and I were pushing Jacob in his stroller. We both had something in our hands...coffee in my left, pumpkin bread in her right....so we each took a side of his stroller and made our way to music class.......along the way she looked at me and said .......we work together!
OMG, I friggin love this kid and can't tell her that enough.
Another HUGE moment of PRIDE for me is that Stella LOVES West Side Story! Brian gave me the new b'way soundtrack for my b'day and Stella loved every bit of it...from the overture to the sappy songs! I finally got the idea to play the DVD for her. A dvd that Brian had bought me years ago and we watched just before our move to NJ. Well....holy crow....she LOVES it! When I got her up from her nap the Jets were in her bed! I loved it when she couldn't take her eyes off The Sound of Music but this is over the top and all she watched all day! I won't deny it....I got a little choked up at one point.
Oh that reminds me....I told Stella the other night that I loved her and she replied 'I love you too'....I totally welled up with tears and she asked me if I was sad and I said NO! Sometimes I am happy when I cry and she almost made me cry! Well, now every time I tell her I love her she replies 'I love you too' and after a pause she says....'.you almost cry?'
Anyway...I know some of this will be a tad boring to you who read this blog but I really want to try and be better about documenting some of these little things.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Any mom who reads this blog would know that these "little" things are the biggest, and are NOT boring! You are reminding me to try to blog about these things too.

The Animator's Wife said...

OK that was adorable on so many levels, Jen. Glad you're getting it down somewhere. It will make you smile even more when you can go back and re-read in 10 years!

And Catie loves WSS too! I was determined to make my only daughter a theater-lover, so that I would have someone to go to shows with ('cuz we both know it is NOT Steve's thing). :) And she loves everything I throw at her. Train (brain-wash???) 'em early, that's my motto.