Monday, December 28, 2009

THREE


How Stella can be three years old is beyond me. It has gone so astoundingly fast that I am sure I haven't taken enough pictures to bring back all the moments I want to remember so badly. After spending each day of the past 3 years together, Stella and I have created lots of moments worth remembering. We are very lucky that way.

She was running around the house in her jammies the other day and I couldn't get over her long legs and how she holds her head high and now says words like 'actually' and 'Museum of Natural History'. She knows she loves to go to the big city but doesn't care for her music class. She loves preschool and playing with Daddy. She loves the idea of a party but not so much the actual event. She smiles when she thinks of fun things....all on her own. She asks me to come and play with her....on her own. She says please and thank you and I love you...on her own. She puts her coat in the closet...on her own. (ok, on the floor but still!) She likes certain clothes and colors and foods and well.....she is a person. I know it didn't happen overnight but it sure seems that way.

Watching Stella grow is both wonderful and scary. I want her to be confident and strong and independent and funny and kind and understanding and loving and well...all that good stuff. There are days I feel like I know just what to say and do to help all that happen and days I feel like I am making such a mess of things she should have a therapy fund not a college fund! She is very forgiving.
As the terrible two's move into the trying three's...also referred to as the terrible two's-with practice...I hope that Stella's fit pitching skills will not improve but her little brother coping skills will. I hope that she will more fully embrace the potty with the same fervor she has Jacob's new tractor and farm animals. I pray she will outgrow whining but not her afternoon nap. Mostly I plan to make lots of amazing memories and take tons of pictures.
Happy Birthday Stella B. You are my sunshine and I love you to bits and bits and bits.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Stella! She's such a ray of light, Jen, I think you named her very well. :-)