Friday, May 21, 2010

What a CIRCUS!

I gave Brian tickets to the circus for our anniversary. How romantic, I know. Anyway, I was sort of excited to take the kids and to see the circus myself. I mean really, when is the last time you went to the circus? Anyway, I had gotten good seats and planned well with a booster for Jacob, snacks, juice, portable potty seat, camera-my bag weighed more than both children combined. We got there nice and early so we could settle in...ok, we got there a little too early but it was all good. The clowns came out and soon the show began......Jacob went from gripping me and crying out Momma, to giggling, squealing, crying, clapping, and back to gripping. I was trying to take pictures with this chaos....hence they aren't very good. Stella pretty much held onto daddy for dear life and though she seemed to enjoy it we couldn't quite be sure.
I think Brian and I were most impressed with the 7 motorcycles that were in this ball.

Jacob actually took this shot during one of his mommy gripping moments.
During intermission Brian took Stella out to buy some cotton candy. YUMMY!

After a healthy serving or 2 I told her to hold off a little bit on the rest to prevent a tummy ache and the show was about to restart. Within a minute Brian and I knew we had a full fit on our hands. Sure enough Brian had to carry our screaming flailing darling out of the circus.

Jacob and I sat watching the elephant for a few minutes when I had to decide that Brian and Stella weren't coming back anytime soon. Not quite knowing what to do..I picked up my 400lb bag and Jacob and made my way out. When I got to the landing a woman from the consession stand asked if she could help me......all I said was-tall man screaming child? She replied-OH! they left. By now I had Jacob in a football hold and had left the booster that I couldn't carry in the seat. I called Brian and I could hear Stella screaming and all he said was...we gotta go. So I left my bag with the consession girl and hoisted Jacob back into the circus for the booster and back out we went.....I think I hit about 10 people with the booster along the way. Sorry!
So, our first trip tot he circus wasn't quite what I had in mind but rather appropriate in some ways. We did enjoy what we saw and hopefully someday we will get to see the whole thing.
All that over cotton candy.....hmmmm...that reminds me....I think that might still be in the back of the car. ewww.

No comments: