Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad Stella!

So, I hate to say it, but Stella has been an absolute pill lately. Just really uncooperative and unpleasant. So strange because she was such a joy for the last couple of months. The fact that she's had a cold for like 3 weeks undoubtedly has something to do with it...but maybe she knows that change is coming with the arrival of Baby Boy? We've been wondering if that's what it is. Regardless, we're hoping it doesn't last long. She's obviously still the light of our lives and we do have lots of fun and laughs with her, but it's not without its challenges.

Tonight we went out for our nightly "peeeee" after dinner ("play"), where we made sure to take the "keeeee" ("key", Stella loves the mailbox key) and looked for the "mooooo" ("moon"...she's fascinated by the moon). I pretty much let her walk where ever she wants, but she knows to take my hand if she's anywhere near the street or parking lot. She's great about it, and will hold up her hand without me even prompting. Anyway, today she wandered towards the busy street that runs past our complex. I told her she had to hold my hand and she ignored me. I told her again, and she collapsed into hysterics. I picked her up and calmly explained that this was a very dangerous intersection and she needed to hold my hand if she wanted to walk there. So I put her down and told her to hold my hand, but got the same response. So I scooped her up and back home we went. I know Jen has countless similar stories from the last couple of weeks. As with all things with her, we know it's just a phase, and we just hope it's not a sign of how she's going to deal with having a baby brother.

All that being said, we can't get enough of her, crabby or not. Her are some more wonderful pictures that mommy took today...





No comments: