Saturday, November 15, 2008

6 years ago....how can that be!

Six years ago tonight Brian and I had our first date. We met at 8:30pm at the Grand Saloon on 23rd Street. It was the best first date I have ever had and I have vivid and wonderful memories of it. I was so excited to meet Brian and so afraid he wasn't half as excited to meet me. As soon as I walked in the door, he saw me and smiled and I was so relieved. I can picture that smile right now and it still makes me swoon. I'm not sure I have ever been as pretty as that smile made me feel that night. I certainly hoped for a second date but it never occurred to me that we would have the life together that we do. A home and 2 beautiful children. What an amazing twist our lives took when we took that chance. I can only hope the next 6 years are as blessed as the last. I love you Brian, thank you for asking me out!

No comments: