Sunday, September 14, 2008

40th B-Day Weekend!

Well, this weekend was my 40th birthday and I'm not really sure what to say about that. It's totally mind blowing that I am this old but there's not much I can do about it, and I certainly feel better about things today than I did on my 30th birthday! So I'm not going to complain too much...

Anyway, we had a really nice weekend and a big thanks to my lovely wife for planning such a special, fun time...We had a fantastic dinner last night at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It was neither cheap nor healthy but worth every penny and every calorie. One of the best meals I've had in a long, long time...Today was fun too as our friend Jon came to visit and play with our new toy--a Wii! Jen got me one for my birthday and it is so much fun. I'm far from a "gamer" but I think she knew I would get a kick out of this and I definitely have. It's one of those really fun things you would only get for a very special occasion like this. We had a total blast with it today!

Jen got me some other fantastic gifts; one of my favorites was a really nice framed shot of the photo from our Ocean City vacation where Stella and I are looking out at the water. It's just gorgeous and hanging up in our bedroom now. And I even got a small framed version for the office! Anyway, it was a great weekend and again, thanks to Jen for making it so special and for never giving me the chance to feel bad about being 40. And thanks to Stella too for being an absolute joy all weekend! She has really been great lately and just so, so much fun. Here are some fun pictures we took tonight as we came in from playing. She was having lots of giggles as I tossed her up in the air! I'm including some other fun pictures from the weekend too...yes, I even got some Wii boxer shorts!










1 comment:

Lauren said...

Woo-hoo! Love the skivvies! ;)

Hee hee! Sounds like an awesome birthday - happy 40th!!