Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy Busy Weekend!

How is it already 9:10pm on Sunday night? I feel like I just got Stella up from her nap on Friday afternoon. Weird. I actually started this at 8:15pm but as usual Blogger and I aren't working well together. sigh.
Stella has outdone herself lately in overall cuteness and just being amazing! We have so enjoyed her in every possible way. She has THE BEST laugh you could imagine on a 20 month old. Very hearty considering her girly cuteness. I even heard her laughing this afternoon in her crib when she woke up from her nap. We can leave her in there chatting away for quite some time and even learned the hard way that letting her have that time is better for all of us! So today she must have told quite a story to beary because she was giggling away. What has really been neat to see is how her ability to communicate has impacted everything....she is much happier and so are we! She listens well and obeys and is just wonderful to spend time with. It is hard sometimes to look at her and see a little girl and not my baby but she is growing into a really sweet and neat person and it is amazing to see. I feel very fortunate to have her.

Yesterday Stella and I went to www.carousellavenderfarm.com. We have been there a few times in the past as our good friend Martha works the 'shop' for her friend and owner Niko Christou. This farm is simply stunning and each trip out there is wonderful. Brian needed to paint baby boy McGann's room so it was the perfect way to give him the needed time. We brought Patti and Stevie along too. Here are some pics of this fabulous place!
Thanks Patti for taking this shot of SB and I!
Me with both my kids!
Getting big hugs from Stevie!!!

Today was Daddy day as I went off to take pics in Weehawken. Stella and Daddy walked all over town as they love to do. It was sorta funny this weekend that she had one day with mostly me and one day with mostly Brian. He did an AMAZING job on the baby's room and it is almost totally finished! Thanks honey, I know painting SUCKS! We both agree it is a bit more blue or darker than we thought it would be but the color is really beautiful and will look so great with the black crib and dresser. I will try to take some pics up there tomorrow. The photo session I had today was with a 6 month old little boy and I can't help but get excited about our own little guy after playing with him and knowing Brian was getting his room ready. Hard to believe it is only 8 weeks away!

OH! We had a major bath breakthrough this weekend too! Stella seemed to be having the time of her life in her tubby yesterday and even though Brian was in there splashing along with her she never fussed at all even during the scrubbing and rinsing so we may try a bath minus daddy next time! Brian has gotten a lot more use out of his swim trunks than he ever imagined he would...in a tub anyway!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Nice Stevie...the old "take her to a lavender farm and climb up on a brick wall to get a hug" move...well done...

Anonymous said...

I try to take my ladies to romantic spots. I can't help it if she "accidentally" leaves herself open for hugs and kisses. Looking at her smile, I don't think she minded one bit. Can't wait for our Moms to plan yet another romantic outing for Stella & I.