Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Baby's Room!

Brian has been working so hard to get Baby Boy McGann's room ready for him! Thankfully it is about 90-95% there. YAY! Last weekend he painted and painted and this weekend was retouches and putting together the crib. All that is left to do is find a bookcase and put some things on the walls.
Even though offers of help were made by everyone from my parents to our friend Jon, who HATES painting, Brian refused all help....simply saying "I want to do this for my son". He'd had the same response to similar offers when working on Stella's room 2 years ago so I knew just how much he meant it. In the end her room was filled with special touches and lots of love and this little guys room will be no different. In fact yesterday Brian picked out the perfect bear and lovey for his crib just as he had done for Stella.
These kids are very lucky to have a Daddy like Brian!
While he was fighting with paint brushes and crib parts I spent hours going through all of Stella's old clothes and weeding out the gender neutral stuff adding it to a HUGE bag of things I got from our friend Patti, along with a big bag of stuff from my mom AND the many many things I have picked up...well, this little guys closet is already full! After seeing the crib together and getting his little Converse out of their box, I thought to myself....ok, we are ready for you little guy! Oh, wait....we still don't have a name. Always something!

In other news this week....we had a sonogram to be sure the baby's size is ok and although he is still big he is more in the middle of the big range. :-? So we aren't as concerned about that. Brian was bummed that no records will likely be set and I was relieved that my spine might stay in tact.
Also, Stella turned 21 months today and has a cold to celebrate! WooHoo! She is such a doll and we are so enjoying this phase and age. I kiss her 150 times a day and it isn't enough. Poor little bird is snoring on the monitor tonight. I hope she feels better tomorrow.
Here are some pics of the baby's room and a sonogram shot. I also included a before shot of the room when it was an office...it later became a guest room. Exciting, no?
Stella is not quite sure what to make of this!
Stella walks down memory lane with some old toys!
The bear and lovey that Brian got for Gobble!
A cute shot Brian took of Stella and Mommy
7 weeks to go!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The room is gorgeous, but oh wow, Jen - you look so beautiful in that shot!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenk, I love that shot of you and Stella!