Monday, January 12, 2009

Jacob's check up!

Jacob had his 2 month check up today.
Stats:
14lbs 9oz
24inches long
He is in the 95th percentile for height and a tad higher on the weight.
He is doing great and only cried when getting his 4 shots. Although he wasn't too thrilled about the oral immuz either he held his crying for the big stuff. My heart broke hearing his little sobs of pain and seeing those big tears. Holding him in my arms is such a great feeling and when I look at Stella I know how fast these days will go so I try to appreciate them....even the tough ones.
He had a rattling cough that started on Friday but Dr. Swayne said it is just a cold and it will run its course within a week or so. It was funny that when she asked me if I had any questions I had to answer 'No'. Not that I know it all now that I am the mommy of 2 but this time around you just don't have the energy to worry and overthink every little thing. It is rather refreshing. She joked that her moms with 3 and 4 barely even speak at their appointments much less ask a question.
Jake has also officially moved into his own room and seems to like his new digs. We missed him for about 10 minutes and that was that! We actually kept him with us longer than we thought we would so it was time! After 3 nights with 5 hour stretches in a row we know it was the right move and have hope that 6 and 7 hour stretches are on their way!
Here is a cell phone shot I took of Jake at the dr's. What a cutie. We finish the week at the dr's too as Stella has her 2 year appointment. Stay tuned!

No comments: