Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BooBoo's

Yesterday, on my way to Jacob's 4 month wellness appointment, I missed a turn and had to turn around. Stella was very confused as I pulled into a random driveway and I explained to her I had made a mistake. For the rest of the drive she kept saying Mommy drive booboo.
Jacob is a whopping 17lbs 4 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long.....according to the charts he is in the 90-95th % and his height and weight are totally in proportion. "He is just a big healthy thriving baby boy" says Dr. Swayne. Yay! I checked out Stella's stats and she wasn't this big until about 6 1/2 months. I do sorta feel like he is slowing down a bit though so we shall see where he is at his 6 month appointment. Stella did great hanging out and waiting while all this was going on and even got VERY interested when it came time for him to get his shots. I wish I could have taken a picture of her face about 3 inches from the needle with the most curious look on her face as poor Jake screamed in pain and shock. 4 shots and one oral immuz later we were headed home with Stella remarking on Jakey Boy's booboo. Jake's lower lip curls down when he cries and it is so pathetic looking! Your heart just breaks when you see it. In fact later in the day I went to the grocery store where he was upset for the last 4 isles and as I rushed through at least 3 people stopped to look at him and commented on his sad face. "I know, I know" I told them throwing yogurt and what not in the cart...as if I didn't feel bad enough seeing it myself I had to hear about it from total strangers! He is really just stinking adorable! Here are a couple shots from the dr's office.


Stella waiting patiently with her apple juice


Today we went to see Miss Amy sing at the library. Maggie and her 2 kiddos joined us and we played outside for a little while afterwards. Stella and Pearce were having a lot of fun just running back and forth.....not sure why I don't seem to find running fun. Anyway, Stella tripped and Pearce was right behind her so there was a little pile up and a face plant! Ooooops! Well, Stella got her first fat lip! Quite a little booboo. She enjoyed eating a popsicle when we got home as I thought that could serve as icing it. It looks fabulously Hollywood and I can't wait to see it post nap! Here are a couple pics from today as well.
Enjoying a cookie before the 'incident'.
Pearce trying to hug Stella after the 'incident'.
Stella's fat lip-hard to tell coz it is a cell phone shot.

No comments: