Thursday, March 5, 2009

Very Special Picture thursday, Grandma Cole's Birthday

Today would have been my Grandma Ellen Cole's 102nd birthday. I loved her dearly and even named my son after her, Jacob Cole. Today has been a bit crazed but she has been on my mind for much of it. I would have loved for her to meet my husband....she would LOVE him and of course to see my beautiful children and hold them in her arms. I would point out how Stella's eyes are so like hers. Though they don't get as blue as my Grandma's did they often seem to change colors and are beautiful just like hers were. Then I would make her hold Jacob right up under her nose to smell that sweet baby smell. I know she watches them from above and I picture her with my Grandma Kitchen wondering why I don't clean the house more. I have one shot of my grandmother that I found in a box....but I can't find it today and I really wanted to post it. But here are a few others until I find it! There is more I wanted to say but her little name sake is crying pretty good so I should go!

I remember her telling me about this picture. She was so proud to have a car and was about 18 in this shot. She also told me this coat was genuine chinchilla!


Here she is on the far right at my mother and fathers wedding. My grandmother Kitchen is in the middle and my Aunt Kay is on the left.

I love this shot so much! She is sitting in a chair that belonged to my Grandpa and Grandma Kitchen and was in storage. Apparently she was taking a break as they cleaned the storage unit.


This is her in 1994.
I love you Gram, we miss you!
I have a letter that she wrote me that I planned to add but Jake is really having a fit now!

No comments: