Sunday, August 17, 2008

Coney Island, Baby!

The McGanns made their first trip to Coney Island this summer! We used to go often when we lived in the city, and Jen has been going for many, many, many years. For her birthday, she said she'd like to go this weekend so that was the plan. Unfortunately, Stella was giving us a hard time this morning and Jen wasn't sure we should go and I was on the fence myself. We talked about it and ultimately decided we would go for it, with the plan being if we ran into any serious trouble, i.e., traffic, Stella losing it, etc., we would simply turn around and come home. Fortunately, it did not come to that. Stella did AMAZING, probably helped by a refreshing 30 minute nap in the car on the way up. And knock on wood, we hit no major traffic. I'm so glad we got to go for Jen's birthday, as I knew it was something she was really looking forward to. Stella hung out in the stroller for a while, but then we got her out and tried a carousel, which she didn't really care for. After that, we tried to put her back in the stroller, but no dice, so we set her loose and she went wild! She ran and ran and ran everywhere, and I followed as best as I could! Fortunately no one got hurt and it wasn't until we got to Surf Avenue that I had to scoop her up. She let loose a few good cries but nothing too bad. Anyway, a great day was had by all--and oh, I should mention Uncle Jonny showed up too, which is always fun!

Anyway, on to the photos. I have no idea what order these will show up in, but the shot of the 3 of us in front of the red wall is significant. About 5 years ago, when Jen & I first started dating, she took me to Coney for my first ever trip. I should point out that it was January, I think, and bone chilling cold! I think we were the only ones there. Anyway, she took a photo of me in front of that red wall. And then, a couple of years later, I took a shot of her in front of that same wall. That trip was significant as it was Jen's first real trip out after her spinal fusion surgery and it was a big day for her. Anyway, so here the McGann Family stands in front of that same red wall! I should probably dig up those other photos...It's amazing how time has gone by and how blessed we are and how much has changed over the years. Happy Birthday honey, I love you with all my heart!!!





No comments: