Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stella gets a boo boo...

Stella took a pretty bad tumble today and got a boo boo on her head, which you can see in the photo below. I really feel bad because it was my fault, but thankfully she's ok. Although I suspect this boo boo is going to be worse in the morning. Anyway, as we were finishing up dinner, she kept saying "poo...poo", which is her way of saying pool. So we figured she wanted to go into her little pool in the backyard. So she & I went out there and I went to go fill it up. She stayed on our porch while I was getting the pool into position. There are 2 steps leading from the porch down to the concrete underneath it. She's been doing so good with going down stairs lately so I figured she would just follow me to the pool. I looked up as I was about to start filling it up and I thought to myself "hmmm...she could take a bad tumble here". Sure enough, about 15 seconds later she fell. I don't know if she was trying to go down the steps or what, but she went down and hit one of the steps, then rolled off that on to the concrete. She was crying instantly which is unusual for her when she gets hurt. I scooped her up and brought her inside and she sat on the couch with mommy and cried and cried. A binky and a little Blues Clues later she was ok and back to her old self. She even went into the pool later on! Anyway, it could have been much worse but regardless I felt and still feel really bad about it. I hope she doesn't have too bad of a mark tomorrow! Other than that we had a great day today and went into Trenton to Halo Farms and the Farmer's Market. Stella was a blast all day long!

No comments: